The good thing about having my own blog means that I get to create my own themes for different posts based on holidays, my favorite number (9th on 9) and now a certain day of the week. I want to introduce you to something new that I am starting: Fry-day, a new blog series from yours truly, featuring all fried food! Now, I’m all about eating and living healthy, but sometimes my southern roots truly get the best of me. With that being said, and with my fryer from Bed Bath & Beyond by my side, here is my take on how to make the best fried shrimp and cocktail sauce. Even if you don’t like seafood, almost everybody loves shrimp. Add a layer of fried goodness to that and you have yourself a very delightful appetizer or snack for cocktail hour! Afterall, it is Friday!
Whether or not you eat fried food, I hope I’m able to provide some fried options that can accommodate to your taste in this series! Happy FRY-DAY, y’all!
Fried Shrimp Dipping Sauce:
*mix to taste
Fried Shrimp Ingredients:
-Whole Foods Shrimp
-Crisco Oil (*Alternative for oil, Crisco vegetable oil)
Fried Shrimp Directions:
1. Heat oil to 375.
2. Soak shrimp in buttermilk and salt & pepper for 45 min – 1 hour, no longer than that.
3. Strain shrimp (do not rinse)
4. Place shrimp in bowl with Self rising flour and mix up. Coating the shrimp entirely.
5. Place shrimp in hot oil and fry until a golden brown.
6. Remove shrimp from oil, and let sit on a plate covered with a paper towel