Happy 9th of the month! It’s that time again for Sweet Ladi Jane’s 9 on the 9th 🙂
I’ve listed 9 items that I am currently LOVING at the moment. Check them out and let me know what you think! What are some of your random necessities that you can’t get enough of right now? Ready, set, spill!
1. Class Pass App – My fitness guru pal, Kristy, told me about Class Pass. It’s an app that is a monthly fitness membership that lets you work out at the best studios and gyms near you which is perfect for me when I am home and/or traveling. It also helps me stay interested in working out. In the past, my biggest downfall has been getting bored with my workouts, but with Class Pass, I can change it up as much as I want to.
2. Sing to Me by L.A. Reid – This book is a fun and interesting read. L.A Reid has signed some of the biggest artists in the music industry including Usher, Pink, Justin Bieber, Toni Braxton…the list goes on and on. I really enjoyed the opening chapters of the book where he talks about his mother and the way he grew up. His solid foundation made him a passionate and hard working adult, which led him to a successful career – definitely inspiring.
3. La Croix – I have been trying to kick the habit of drinking sodas and replace it with drinking more water. I found that it is the “fizziness” of a soda that I enjoy, so I have discovered the blue box La Croix to be a great replacement. It helps me drink more water and also goes great in a cocktail. 😃
4. New Favorite Cocktail – While I was visiting my family in Florida, my Aunt Wendi made me a wonderful cocktail. It’s called Poinsettia, and it’s so easy to make. All you need is champagne, pomegranate juice, a sugar cube and pomegranate seeds. I found this recipe on Food Network to help you out with the process.
5. Frizz Ease Hair Spray – I was teased about my curly hair in high school, and therefore always wanted it straight. Thankfully, I’ve grown out of that and started to feel comfortable embracing my natural hair. Kimberly Schlapman (being the curly hair expert that she is) gifted me with a great hair spray for curly haired ladies that helps hold the curl, without weighing it down. The best part is the 3% cash back option when you use your Ebates account on Amazon!
6. Joel Salatin’s Ted Talk – I have been doing a lot of homework about the food I eat and where it comes from. I have two farms that I am working with to show my readers the different ways of producing food. One is close to my hometown, and the other is near Phillip’s hometown- Homestead Manor (Thompson Station, TN) and Grange (Wilson, AR). Steven, the director of the farm at Homestead, mentioned that Joel Salatin’s ideas and ways of farming were part of the inspiration for their farming techniques. I’m excited to learn more about farming and getting my hands dirty! Keep your eye out for those posts this Spring and Summer.
7. Vivino – I’m a wine and technology lover, so there’s nothing better than combining the two. I am the worst about remembering the name of a new wine I’m into and this app helps with that! All you have to do is take a photo of the label and it will pull up reviews, ratings and descriptions. It’s like Yelp for wine lovers. You can even sign up for a personal buying guide that is customized to match your taste and budget. This can be delivered bi-weekly which is pretty neat.
8. This is Life with Lisa Ling – I am a big fan of Lisa Ling’s work. I can remember in high school when she was on a TV news show called “Channel One.” Now, she has a show that is in the third season called “This is Life.” The show is an original documentary series about Lisa’s investigation of ordinary people with extraordinary lives. She definitely appeals to the side of me that enjoys studying sociology and psychology. I like to discover different ways people live their lives. We all have such different paths in life, and when you open your eyes to a different way of living, it’s amazing what you can discover about yourself.
9. Thermal Mud Therapy – The winter can be so hard on my skin as I am constantly applying lotion. On a recent visit to Fallsview Resort in Niagara Falls, I decided to try a mud wrap for the first time ever. I have to admit I was a little nervous, but it was 100% worth it. My therapist began by taking a sugar scrub to gently exfoliate my skin. Then, came the warm mud…it was so heavenly! After I was warm and cozy, she gently massaged my scalp which is when I’m pretty sure I fell asleep for a minute. To wash the mud off, she used a seven headed horizontal shower that felt like a massage. Last step was a rich creamy lotion. Bye bye dry winter skin!