Spring is in the air and that means lots of excuses for grilling AND frying for picnics, BBQs, and other fun gatherings! I love hosting events like these, but they do take a lot of work, so I’m always on the lookout for quick recipes that can easily be made for groups. On the menu today is a simple side dish for your next cookout, Sweet Potato Fries. Seriously, these are so easy to make that I barely consider this a recipe! The best part is that I haven’t met a kid or adult that didn’t fill up their plate with these yummy fries when they had the chance. Happy munching!
-4 sweet potatoes, sliced
-salt & pepper
1. Fill the fryer with oil to above the minimum line, and heat to 350.*
2. In a large bowl, pour about 2 cups of vegetable oil, and add your sliced sweet potatoes.
3. Coat the potatoes, and remove from oil.
4. Salt and Pepper to taste.
5. Place a small handful of potatoes into frying basket, and let fry until golden.
6. Remove the fries, and drain.
*If you don’t have a fryer, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and place sweet potato pieces into the hot oil. Cover skillet, pan-fry for 5 minutes; uncover and turn fries.
Pro Tip: Dip them in pure maple syrup for an even sweeter-salty treat!