I am thankful to say that Penelopi and I are both daddy’s girls. I might be a bit biased, but I think Phillip and my dad are two of the best dads in the world. It’s not easy having a girl, or so that’s what my dad tells me. 😉 I’ve learned a lot of life lessons from my dad, like how to balance a checkbook, or how to find great estate pieces from an antique store…ha! Most importantly, I learned how a lady should be taken care of and treasured. That lesson helps me appreciate the wonderful husband that I have. I love and adore the fact that Phillip’s world revolves around our little girl, and how he makes Penelopi’s face light up every day. I am grateful for that because that’s how my dad makes me feel: loved, cherished, special.
Everyone likes to be appreciated, so this Father’s Day be sure to show some extra love to the dads in your life. I have some fun things in store for Phillip and my dad this weekend, and I’ve rounded up my favorite gift ideas (thank you, Pinterest!) for this special occasion. Remember, it doesn’t have to be fancy or extravagant, just something heartfelt. What are your plans for Father’s Day and what would you add to my list?
1. Special Father’s Day Breakfast: Heart-shaped bacon, giant pancakes decorated by the kids, mimosas– the possibilities are endless!
2. Trunk Club Subscription: Love that this becomes a recurring reminder of appreciation for dads. This one’s also great for a last-minute idea since you could literally sign-up the day-of.
4. Leather Messenger Bag: You could fill it with little notes about why he’s a great dad.
5. Fancy Toothpicks: This might seem like a strange gift, but Phillip absolutely loves these! Try pairing it with some of his favorite snacks.
6. His Favorite Cologne: This is a classic gift, and something that never fails to please the men in my life.
7. Custom Flask: bonus points if you include his favorite whiskey!
8. Thoughtful Notes: I found these handy printables that are perfect for making adorable cards, custom menus, or even decorating the house with special little notes for dad.
You can take a look at my complete list of Father’s Day gifts on my Pinterest board. I’d love to hear about your creative ideas as well! And here’s one more photo of Phillip & Penelopi, because <3 <3 <3. Oh my heart!