Yay! We made it through the first week of school, and it’s Fryday! Today’s Fryday post is dedicated to the underestimated Brussel Sprout. I know they aren’t everyone’s favorite vegetable, but they will be when you fry them up with some sauteed onions and garlic. I won over my photographer, Hunter Airheart, during our content shoot, he mentioned that he usually passes on eating Brussels Sprouts, but not this time! Fried Brussel Sprouts are an excellent side dish, especially with a New York Strip. This recipe is quick and easy. Let me know how you liked them, or if you added your own special touches! Have a great weekend.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1/4 white onion, chopped
1 (16 ounces) package trimmed Brussels sprouts
salt and ground black pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers.
- Cook garlic, often stirring, until golden brown and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in onion and cook until soft, often stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook without stirring until the undersides of the sprouts turn golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir to turn sprouts over, and cook other sides until golden brown, another 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.